- We listened to the rules
- Then we went down our first rapid.
- We got to slide down the slide rock
- We went down carnage corner
- We jumped of the jump rock
- How I felt before the challenge - Impatient, there were a lot of safety rules to listen to-even though they were boring we had to listen to them.
- Who helped me? - all of my team and the guide because I wouldn't of got the raft moving without help.Did I succeed? - Yes, my team got to the end first because we put our backs into it.Why did I succeed? - we worked together as a team mostly paddling and getting people on board.What did I learn? - how to work together with people better than usual, like paddling in a team!
- Challenge Two
- Pioneering was about:
- Well tieing knots
- But we also learned different knots like:
- Reef knot
- Clove hitch
- And tripod
- We also built a bridge
How I felt before the challenge- unsure about what we're going to do!all there was-was some wood and string.
Who helped me? - my team again and Bones.I needed a lot of help on the clove-hitch.And we helped each other build the bridge.
Did I succeed? - Yes, My group and Mrs TeWhaiti didn't not fall in the creek.
Why did I succeed? - we did because we used the power of teamwork and we took turns.
What did I learn? - how to tie knots,because I used to only know how to do knots when I was clumsy.
- The activities were:(that I remember)
- Jumping over the pits
- Going over the two ponds
- The water slide
- Getting over the wall
- The tiny canyon
- And the electric netting.
How I felt before the challenge - nervous,at first it looked difficult and strange because before the mud run I looked at it.
Who helped me? My team because an activity that mostly required teamwork because you probably couldn’t do it by yourself.
Did I succeed? We got to the end, it took a long time but we got there.We got there about second to last but and-at least we got there.
What did I learn? How to climb over a spider web and to not give up.I also learned give it a go.